2019 Executive Sponsors
2019 Associate Sponsors
2019 Technology Sponsors
2019 Media Partners
2018 Executive Sponsors
2018 Associate Sponsors
2018 Technology Sponsors
2018 Supporting Sponsor
2018 Soapbox Sponsors
2018 Media Partners
2018 Conference Supporter
The drug delivery industry is expected to experience robust growth over the next five to ten years, primarily due to the increasing prevalence of chronic conditions and the growing geriatric population. Often, the most complex part of developing a therapeutic is to design an appropriate delivery system for it. The use of drug delivery technologies will continue to rise, as the industry focuses on more cost-effective, targeted, and patient-centered therapies.
The 8th annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD) business development event covered the latest advances in drug delivery science, while also providing a meeting place to network and form new partnerships. The PODD event featured a wide range of innovative drug delivery technologies that could potentially improve the delivery of various types of drugs, including proteins, peptides, mRNA therapies, oncology therapeutics, and small molecules.
|Podcast: An Insight into PODD||PODD Celebration|
The 8th annual event was chaired by:
2018 Featured Keynotes included:
Robert Langer, PhD
Amy Schulman, JD
Jeffrey Karp, PhD
Justin Wright, PhD
2018 Track Chairs:
Nima Akhavein, PhD
Manuel Sanchez-Felix, PhD
Ann L Daugherty, PhD
In addition to presenting cutting-edge technologies and drug delivery solutions, the PODD event also presented expert panel discussions related to the latest challenges and trends in drug delivery today:
- Protein and peptide drug delivery, including non-invasive administration
- High-volume, subcutaneous delivery to optimize delivery and lower healthcare costs
- Gene therapy: the potential of mRNA therapies and vaccines
- Digital health technologies to improve patient adherence and outcomes
- Ophthalmic delivery targeting difficult back of the eye diseases
- Management of the combination product lifecycle: post-market surveillance
- Disruptive new models for advancing development and commercialization of early stage technologies
- Strategic considerations for evaluating and utilizing external delivery technologies
- Patient input on the design and development of next-generation drug delivery systems
PODD attracts more than 350 delegates from drug delivery, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies globally.
Key benefits in 2018 included:
- Hearing from renowned biomedical engineer and entrepreneur, Dr Robert Langer, and highly accomplished investor and biotech executive, Amy Schulman, as they addressed collaboration in drug delivery and what it takes to bring game-changing technologies and therapeutics to the market.
- Learning about the latest drug delivery technology solutions for both small and large molecule drugs, ranging from oral, transdermal, and transmucosal dosage forms to more patient-friendly delivery devices (more than 45 presentations and 50 exhibitors).
- Networking with key decision makers from pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies and exploring areas for potential collaboration (more than 8 hours of networking).
- Discovering the current drug delivery needs of pharma and biotech companies and determining what they are looking for in terms of external delivery technologies.
- Understanding the potential impact digital health applications and digitally-enabled drug delivery systems can have on improving patient adherence and overall health outcomes.
The PODD promise:
- To present a strategic-level program for pharma and biotech scientists and business development professionals, with a thorough overview on formulation needs, the latest drug delivery technologies available along with an update on deals and opportunities to improve therapies and extend the life cycle of a drug.
- To provide drug delivery and specialty pharmas with a platform to present their technologies.
- To offer ample networking time and services for one-on-one meetings to establish new business contacts and enhance existing ones.
"I really enjoyed the PODD event once again. The team continue to bring the very best content to the event. The venue was spectacular and the organization impeccable. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thanks again for having me on the agenda."
- Keith Horspool, PhD, Boehringer Ingelheim
"Excellent PODD conference."
- James Spavins, formerly of Pfizer
"Was a great conference and getting better every year!"
- Rudy Emmelot, IntraTab Labs
"I have to say PODD was a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot and met great people. Thanks to The Conference Forum."
- Sina Eetezadi, Roche Pharmaceuticals
"I found the conference very insightful and the one-to-one meetings highly valuable. Congratulations on organizing a wonderful conference!"
- Mary Gardner, Hospira Inc.
"We were impressed by the size of the turn out, the caliber of the individuals in attendance and the quality of the panels, presentations and discussions. It was a pleasure and privilege for us to attend. We only hope that our presence added to your conference as much as your conference added to our position in the pharma community. The conference team consistently got "right" both the technicalities, as well as the personalities. Great job, well done. Congratulations, and kudos, to all of you."
- Susan Rosenbaum, Lauren Sciences LLC
"A nice and fruitful meeting."
- Sylvestre Grizot, PhD, MedinCell S.A.
"I enjoyed the opportunity and the new connections I made. I look forward to next year’s event."
- Jonathan Behr, PhD, Partners Healthcare
" Very much enjoyed both the 1st and 2nd PODD meetings - and looking forward to the 3rd in Boston next year. Great forum for anyone interested in drug delivery for the biopharma industry"
- Baruch Harris, PhD, Forum Pharmaceuticals
"Overall, outstanding conference, well done!"
- Ralph Solarski, PhD, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
"Congratulations on a very successful conference! It is a very unique conference and I enjoyed it very much."
- Avinash G. Thombre, PhD, Pfizer Inc.
- Jones W. Bryan, PhD, Supernus Pharmaceuticals
"Thank you for a great conference that brought us together to network and share ideas. The conference is refreshing and well organized. Congratulations for a job well done."
- Peter Hoffmann, PhD, ph Associates
"I enjoyed the panels and the meeting was well done."
- Jack Talley, EpiCept Corp.
"Nice job!! Thanks to the conference organizers."
- Jonathan M. Rigby, SteadyMed Therapeutics, Inc.
"Thank you for an excellent conference."
- Jane Nichols, MBA, Nanocopoeia Inc.
"I enjoyed the conference and received a number of interesting leads from it."
- Julius Knowles, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
"I was honestly very much impressed by the conference, the set up with presentations and panels and the high level number of executives from the different stakeholders."
- Sven Stegemann, PhD, Geriatric Medicine Society
"It was a great event and my thanks to you and your excellent team."
- Keith Horspool, PhD, Boehringer Ingelheim
"It was a great pleasure to attend PODD. Thank for organizing this meeting."
- Ye (Bill) Huang, PhD, Global Pharmaceutical Science
"I thoroughly enjoyed the conference, the meetings and the presentations."
- Monica Fernand, BD Medical – Pharmaceutical Systems