2017 Lead Sponsor
2017 Executive Sponsor
2017 Associate Sponsors
2017 Supporting Partners
2017 Media Partners
Ken Getz, MBA
Judith Ng-Cashin, MD
Suzanne Schrandt, JD
– Overview –
Welcome to the 4th annual Patients as Partners program taking place March 2-3, 2017 in Philadelphia.
We would like to thank our attendees and speaking faculty for continuously challenging and encouraging us to develop a program that puts patient engagement theory into practice. The goal of creating patient centricity as the ecosystem within pharma can not be achieved without patient involvement.
Patients as Partners is accredited by Patients Included and addresses what matters most to patients to enable them to support clinical research:
- Understanding and incorporating the patient’s voice in designing clinical trials and developing a clinical endpoint
- Vastly improving the patient’s entire experience in a clinical trial
- Empowering the patient in the new medicines development process
Patients as Partners is co-produced with patients, industry, academia, government and nonprofit organizations to establish a well-rounded program that addresses the needs of all stakeholders seeking to implement and advance patient involvement across the entire clinical development continuum.
Each session seeks to put ideas into action and must demonstrate the what, where, when and how behind the topic. For example when addressing the topic of “How to Incorporate patient Insights in Clinical Research”, the speaker representing AstraZeneca will show the planning, process and tools used to obtain the patient insights. They will also demonstrate how these insights were used to co-create solutions with patients and measure the impact of those initiatives.
Additionally, most sessions have at least one confirmed patient speaker to ensure the patient perspective is represented for the topic at hand.
– Patient Engagement Toolbox: How Does it Work? –
- The conference room is set up in rounds for easier interaction and each table is provided with a paper “Tool-Box” and an assortment of specially designed materials to help capture ideas.
- Each session concludes with a list of key take-aways presented from the session representative.
- At the end of each session, time is specifically allotted to organize ideas.
- During the breaks and lunch ideas are also shared around the room at designated areas.
- Result: Each attendee will walk away with a toolbox full of ideas that will support their patient involvement initiatives.
– Patient Q&A Platform –
Patients will be given first opportunity to address their questions to the speaking faculty to ensure their voice and concerns are addressed.
– “Ask the Patient” Program –
We are pleased to bring “Ask the Patient” to Patients as Partners, a program representing a group of individuals who’ve experienced a clinical trial. These patients, our Medical Heroes, will be at Patients as Partners to answer questions about their clinical trial experience. It is a great opportunity to learn about the realities of a clinical trial directly from the patient’s point of view. They will have a badge identifying their participation and will be available throughout the conference. We will also have an area in the exhibit hall to meet them during breaks.
– Who Will Benefit From Patients as Partners? –
Patient Organizations / Advocacy Groups:
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Patient Liaisons
- Chief Patient Officers
- Patient Retention
- Patient Engagement
- Patient Recruitment/Enrollment
- Medical/Clinical Affairs
- Clinical Innovation
- Trial Optimization
- Clinical Design
- Clinical Operations
- Clinical Site Services
- Clinical Study Coordinator
- Clinical Study Investigators
- Clinical Research Associate/Clinical Site Monitor
- Medical Science Liaison
- Data Capture and Data Management (and Data Collection)
- Clinical Research and Translational Medicine
- Patient Recruitment, Retention and Engagement
- Government agency representatives working with patient advocacy
From Patient Service Providers:
- Institutional Review Boards
- Patient Recruitment firms
- Patient Mobile App solutions
- Patient software solutions
- Patient payment systems
- Point of Care Lab products for patients
- Clinical Trial Material companies
- EMR companies
A special thanks to our advisors for their unwavering guidance and expertise in helping us with the research to craft an in-depth agenda that puts the “discussion” around patient involvement into action across the entire clinical development continuum.
If you have questions, suggestions or an interest in being part of the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to greeting you on March 2-3, 2017 in Philadelphia.
Executive Director, Business Development
Business Development Manager
Jackie Della Torre
Business Development Manager
Conference Logistics Planner
"The conference was amazing. I learned and felt invigorated and even more committed to ensure the voice of the patient is heard!"
- Pam Bennett, Purdue Pharma
"I think it was an excellent and balanced meeting where everybody had a voice and everybody listened. This spirit is key as we make progress!"
- Tony Hoos, Amgen Europe
"It was a well planned, well run, and a productive meeting. I learned a lot and plan to follow up on several things that were mentioned. I am especially interested in promoting the replication of EUPATI in the United States!"
- Megan O'Boyle, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome International Registry
"This is my 2nd year at this meeting – and it is the one place where I really learn from the patients/advocates and from others in industry and research. The honest dialogue is highly valued."
- Kathleen Foley, Pfizer
"I learned so much being a part of this forum and am grateful to have been included as a speaker as well as a participant."
- Christi Marsh, UCBCares
"The meeting was very informative, a very good cross section of organizations involved. Very good opportunity to network and share ideas."
- Diane Gross, Lupus Research Institute
"The conference was excellent and very relevant to my current projects."
- Pamela Knight, Children’s Tumor Foundation
"This was an excellent event. Wonderful and insightful speakers, great camaraderie among attendees with a true desire to share ideas and best practices."
- Gail Adinamis, GlobalCare Clinical Trials
"I thought this was a very nice conference with a lot of good discussion on very important topics."
- Christina Roman, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
"Great conference. Loved the speakers and great networking opportunities."
- Jill McNair, CISCRP
"This was a perfect conference for a first-timer. The atmosphere was great, everyone was friendly, and the sessions were informative."
- Alicia Mitchell, HealthiVibe, LLC
"Thank you for organizing this conference. I felt my overall understanding of clinical trials practices was enhanced. Networking opportunities were excellent."
- Connie Lee, Angioma Alliance
"Excellent conference-see you next year!"
- Sondra Smyrnios, Alkermes