2019 Lead Sponsor
2019 Executive Sponsors
2019 Associate Sponsors
2019 Supporting Collaborator
2019 Supporting Partners
2019 Media Partners
Turning Discussion Into Action: Applying Patient Engagement Initiatives and Demonstrating Impact
The 6th annual Patients as Partners is guided by a dedicated group of advisors from pharma and biotech, patient advocacy and FDA whom meet quarterly to develop the conference agenda. This is the only event that truly demonstrates how to involve patients throughout the entire medicines development life cycle to drive greater efficiencies in clinical research.
Key Topic Areas for 2019
New for 2019
Why Attend #Patients2019?
- Obtain real-time examples from industry demonstrating HOW to involve patients and the IMPACT it has. A true institutional learning opportunity
- Meet with patients face-to-face to understand why and how they want to be involved in clinical development and learn about the realities of a clinical trial directly from the patient’s point of view
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory guidances and new FDA efforts to advancing patient involvement in medicines development
- Gain input and experience from industry, patient advocacy, patients, regulatory and non-profits to foster knowledge sharing and drive collaboration on patient engagement initiatives within clinical development that can help create better outcomes for patients
- See how collaborating with patients drives greater value for all stakeholders
- Strengthen existing relationships with peers and forge new connections by attending the multiple on-site networking opportunities.
- Walk away with a toolbox full of ideas that will support your patient involvement initiatives
Throughout our research we learned that the need to involve patients early in the medicines development lifecycle is greater than ever, but often people who have direct contact with patients are not necessarily trained to work with patients to empathize with their condition and lifestyle.
In 2010, we knew through our research that something drastically had to change and a paradigm shift in how the industry views and works with patients was paramount. We also realized that as researchers, we needed to start with ourselves. We needed to make that paradigm shift in who and how we do our research. With that, seven years ago, for the first time we began to research directly with patients. Getting their feedback changed the way we produce our conferences and, more importantly, how we can affect positive change for patients through our conferences.
Patients taught us empathy with their disease, but also with their lifestyle and their struggles in finding and experiencing a clinical trial. In particular, we learned the vital need to:
- Understand and incorporate the patient’s input in designing clinical trials and developing a clinical endpoint
- Vastly improve the patient’s entire experience in a clinical trial
Thanks to patients, we are patients included and we have have developed a true partnership in the development of our programs and have the following patient initiatives in place:
- Patient advisory board to research with and gain input on the program agenda
- Patients have speaking opportunities on every session (where applicable)
- Dedicated patient-led sessions, panels and roundtables
- Ask the Patient onsite program where patients share their clinical trial experience with industry to help create better clinical research and trials efficiencies and outcomes for patients
A special thanks to our advisors for their unwavering guidance and expertise in helping us with the research to craft an in-depth agenda that puts the “discussion” around patient involvement into action across the entire clinical development continuum.
If you would like to be involved in the 6th annual Patients as Partners program, please email email@example.com.