2017 Executive Sponsors
2017 Associate Sponsors
2017 Technology Sponsors
2017 Media Partners
An Insight into PODD
Our 6th Annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD) event took place on October 27-28, 2016 at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston.
This annual Boston-based conference is designed with three purposes:
- To present a strategic level program for pharma and biotech business development professionals with a thorough overview of the latest drug delivery technologies available along with an update on deals and opportunities to improve therapies and extend the life cycle of a drug.
- To provide drug delivery and specialty pharmas with a platform to present their technologies and get the latest insights on what the delivery and formulation needs are.
- To offer ample networking time, facilities and services for one-on-one meetings to establish new business contacts and enhance existing ones.
The 6th annual event was chaired by Dr Barbara Lueckel, Global Business Development Director of Roche and our opening keynote was renowned biomedical engineer, Dr Robert Langer, the David H. Koch Institute Professor at MIT. We were also delighted to announce three additional keynote speakers: Dr George Church, a genetics pioneer and professor at Harvard University; Mir Imran, a leading medical device inventor and life sciences entrepreneur; and Dr Jorg Thommes, Senior Vice President of Technical Development at Biogen. We also announced our three Technology Track Chairs for 2016: Ann Daugherty, PhD, Senior Manager of Drug Delivery at Genentech, Mark Wilson, Director of Platform Technology & Science at GSK and Director at SR One, and Ulrich Bruggemann, Head of Academics & Innovation at Sanofi.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions, suggestions, or interest in participating in the PODD 2017 event.
Executive Director, Business Development
"Excellent PODD conference."
- James Spavins, Pfizer
"Was a great conference and getting better every year!"
- Rudy Emmelot, IntraTab Labs
"I have to say PODD was a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot and met great people. Thanks to The Conference Forum."
- Sina Eetezadi, Roche Pharmaceuticals
"I found the conference very insightful and the one-to-one meetings highly valuable. Congratulations on organizing a wonderful conference!"
- Mary Gardner, Hospira Inc.
"We were impressed by the size of the turn out, the caliber of the individuals in attendance and the quality of the panels, presentations and discussions. It was a pleasure and privilege for us to attend. We only hope that our presence added to your conference as much as your conference added to our position in the pharma community. The conference team consistently got "right" both the technicalities, as well as the personalities. Great job, well done. Congratulations, and kudos, to all of you."
- Susan Rosenbaum, Lauren Sciences LLC
"A nice and fruitful meeting."
- Sylvestre Grizot, PhD, MedinCell S.A.
"I enjoyed the opportunity and the new connections I made. I look forward to next year’s event."
- Jonathan Behr, PhD, Partners Healthcare
" Very much enjoyed both the 1st and 2nd PODD meetings - and looking forward to the 3rd in Boston next year. Great forum for anyone interested in drug delivery for the biopharma industry"
- Baruch Harris, PhD, Forum Pharmaceuticals
"Overall, outstanding conference, well done!"
- Ralph Solarski, PhD, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
"Congratulations on a very successful conference! It is a very unique conference and I enjoyed it very much."
- Avinash G. Thombre, PhD, Pfizer Inc.
- Jones W. Bryan, PhD, Supernus Pharmaceuticals
"Thank you for a great conference that brought us together to network and share ideas. The conference is refreshing and well organized. Congratulations for a job well done."
- Peter Hoffmann, PhD, ph Associates
"I enjoyed the panels and the meeting was well done."
- Jack Talley, EpiCept Corp.
"Nice job!! Thanks to the conference organizers."
- Jonathan M. Rigby, SteadyMed Therapeutics, Inc.
"Thank you for an excellent conference."
- Jane Nichols, MBA, Nanocopoeia Inc.
"I enjoyed the conference and received a number of interesting leads from it."
- Julius Knowles, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
"I was honestly very much impressed by the conference, the set up with presentations and panels and the high level number of executives from the different stakeholders."
- Sven Stegemann, PhD, Geriatric Medicine Society
"It was a great event and my thanks to you and your excellent team."
- Keith Horspool, PhD, Boehringer Ingelheim
"It was a great pleasure to attend PODD. Thank for organizing this meeting."
- Ye (Bill) Huang, PhD, Global Pharmaceutical Science
"I thoroughly enjoyed the conference, the meetings and the presentations."
- Monica Fernand, BD Medical – Pharmaceutical Systems