Setting new standards in information exchange for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
What to Expect at Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD) 2017
August 16, 2017
The Conference Forum has announced the 7th annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD) event on October 19-20, 2017 in Boston.
PODD presents a strategic-level program for pharma and biotech business development professionals on the latest drug delivery technologies; provides drug delivery and specialty pharmas with a platform to present their technologies; and offers networking time, facilities and services for one-on-one meetings to establish new business contacts and enhance existing ones. Here is a brief summary of what you can look forward to at this year’s event.
Robert Langer, MD, David H. Koch Institute Professor, MIT, provides the introduction to this year’s two-day event, which is chaired by Barbara Lueckel, PhD, Head of Research and Technologies Partnering, Roche. Morning sessions include:
- New to PODD this year, Jeffrey Karp, PhD, Director of the Laboratory for Accelerated Medical Innovation, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, a bioengineer and world leader in drug delivery, stem cell therapeutics, and tissue adhesives, delivers the first of three keynote speeches.
- A panel session presenting viewpoints on drug delivery partnering from big pharma, specialty/generic pharma and drug delivery innovators
- A case study by Roche and Camurus on FluidCrystal technology and partnering to advance the drug delivery technology
- A panel discussion on designing connected health solutions to drive outcomes
- An overview and emerging trends presentation on non-invasive drug delivery.
The afternoon is dedicated to drug delivery technology presentations in three tracks with two sessions per track:
- Track One covers Injectable Technologies with moderators from GSK and Sanofi US and includes presentations from Halozyme Therapeutics, Enable Injections, Phion Therapeutics, Oakwood Labs, Serina Therapeutics, Innocore Pharmaceuticals, pSividia Corporation, Gerresheimer Medical Systems, Cristal Therapeutics, SMC, Elektrofi and DelSiTech.
- Track Two covers Oral Delivery Technologies with moderators from Janssen and Merck and includes presentations from Adare Pharmaceuticals, Aprecia Pharmaceuticals, Evonik, LayerBio and Exicure.
- Track Three covers Device Technologies with moderators from Pfizer and Eli Lilly & Co and includes presentations from Insulet Corporation, Portal Instruments, Credence MedSystems, West Pharmaceutical Services, Bespak, Sensile Medical, BioCorp, Nemara, Mitsubishi Gas Chemical, Stevanato Group, BD Medical, Cambridge Design, Vernay and DALI Medical Devices. The day concludes with the PODD Annual Reception.
The day concludes with the PODD Annual Reception.
Day Two – October 20, 2017
Chair Barbara Lueckel provides the welcome address for day two before introducing the second and third of our keynote speakers, Lars Rebien Sorensen, former President and CEO, Novo Nordisk, and Dr Omid Farokhzad, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School and Director of the Center for Nanomedicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Included in this section are sessions on:
- A panel discussion on utilizing a device platform technology across multiple therapeutics categories
- Company spotlights on Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Researach and Novo Nordisk
- A pharma view on the challenges of drug delivery technical development
The afternoon consists of:
Learn more about PODD 2017.
- A presentation on current and emerging drug delivery needs in oncology
- The DDS Technology Soapbox featuring five-minute talks on cutting-edge technologies, inventions and ideas, with presenters from Cocoon Biotech, Subcuject and Sonoran Biosciences
- An expert panel addressing the scientific and business challenges and opportunities in direct-to-CNS delivery
- A panel discussion on R&D challenges using drug delivery technologies