Setting new standards in information exchange for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
“Patients as Partners” returns to Europe on January 23-24, 2018 in London, UK
December 20, 2017
The Conference Forum is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Patients as Partners Europe (Patients EU) event in London on January 23-24, 2018. Shaped by patients involved in clinical trials, the conference takes a comprehensive view of the patient experience and how to engage with them across the entire clinical trial continuum. Participants will continue the conversation on how increased patient involvement can drive the development of innovative medicines that deliver more relevant and impactful patient outcomes and make medicine development faster, more efficient and more productive.
“Patients as Partners is the only conference where the research is led equally by patients alongside industry, government and academia,” says Jennifer Moran, Program Manager, “The conference is devoted to understanding not only the patient perspective on the design of a clinical trial, but also the patient experience in the clinical trial to ultimately figure out how to drive greater efficiencies.”
Program leadership for 2018 includes our two Co-Chairs Dr Tony Hoos, Head of Medical at Amgen Europe and Andrew Garvey, Global Patient Advocacy Lead at GlaxoSmithKline; Dr Claire Nolan, Research Involvement Manager at Parkinson’s UK; Irmi Gallmeier, Senior International Health Policy Leader, Patient Relations at F. Hoffman La Roche; Richard Stephens, Patient/ Consumer Lead at National Cancer Research Institute; and Guy Yeoman, VP, Patient Centricity and Global Medical Affairs at AstraZeneca.
Featured sessions include:
- Multi-stakeholder panel on “What Good Patient Involvement Looks Like”
- Town hall style discussion on “Patient Engagement Metrics and Value”
- Industry case studies on incorporating patient involvement with Bristol-Myers Squibb, Santhera Pharmaceuticals and UCB
- Demonstration on “How Advocacy is Working with Pharma in a Meaningful Way to Involve Patients in Medicines Development” led by Parkinson’s UK and Arthritis Research UK
- Results shared on “CISCRP’s Global Assessment of Patient Perceptions of Clinical Research – A Stakeholders Call to Action”
Patients EU will once again host an “Ask the Patient” program in which attendees can meet face-to-face with patients, who have experienced at least one clinical trial. These patients provide a unique opportunity to learn about the realities of a clinical trial directly from the patient’s point of view. The meetings with patients will be both assigned and adhoc throughout the program.
Patients EU is accredited by “Patients Included” to help address what matters most to patients, enabling them to support clinical research. “Patients Included” provides a blueprint for:
- Understanding and incorporating the patient’s voice in designing clinical trials and developing a clinical endpoint
- Vastly improving the patient’s entire experience in a clinical trial
- Empowering the patient in the new medicines development process
About Patients as Partners
Patients EU is co-produced with patients, industry, academia, government and nonprofit organizations to establish a well-rounded program that addresses the needs of all stakeholders seeking to implement and advance patient involvement across the entire clinical development continuum. The Patients EU program will be located at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel London on January 23-24, 2018. For more information, visit Patient as Partners Europe.