Setting new standards in information exchange for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
Partnering with Patient Organizations for Advancing Cures
December 18, 2017
Pharma Talk Radio presents this multi-stakeholder session from the 4th annual Patients as Partners US meeting, patients, advocates, industry and nonprofit organizations come together to discuss how they partnered and the outcomes of those partnerships.
- What’s the roadmap?
- What are the ways you have partnered with industry?
- What are some best practices or rules of engagement?
- How can the pharma industry better serve patient advocacy organizations?
- How are we creating and ruthlessly maintaining transparency and trust?
- Addressing global models of patient engagement
- Big companies are working in global environment and the Patient Engagement issues are quite different culturally, whether it’s China, Japan, Asia. What are the unique challenges and opportunities in countries outside US and EU?
Moderated by Lori Abrams, Director, Diversity and Patient Engagement, Bristol-Myers Squibb, panelists included: Stephanie Christopher, Program Manager, Patient Centered Benefit-Risk, Medical Device Innovation Consortium; Lauren McLaughlin, Associate Director, Research Partnerships, The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research; Suzanne Schrandt, JD, Director, Patient Engagement, Arthritis Foundation; Nirmala Singh Steering Committee, Patient Focused Medicines Development and Former Patient Engagement Director, National Kidney Foundation.
The 5th annual Patients as Partners US will be held March 15-16, 2018 at The Rittenhouse, Philadelphia, PA, USA.