Setting new standards in information exchange for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
Meet “The CheckPoints” – IO360° Speakers and IO Experts Perform to Further Research
August 23, 2017
The CheckPoints, founded by IO360° speaker Dr Patrick Hwu, MD Anderson, is the Society of Immunotherapy of Cancer’s (SITC) house band and is comprised of cancer immunotherapy experts and researchers who perform to benefit the next generation of cancer research.
You can watch these IO experts liven up the stage at SITC’s Presidential Reception at their annual conference in November and at the SITC networking event during the annual ASCO conference in June. The group is the official house band of SITC.
Band members include IO360° speakers:
– Dr Patrick Hwu, MD Anderson on keyboard
– Dr Jason Luke, University of Chicago on trumpet
– Dr Ferran Prat, MD Anderson on saxophone
Additional band members include:
– Dr James P. Allison, Johns Hopkins on harmonica
– Dr Thomas F. Gajewski, University of Chicago on lead guitar
– Dr Rachel W. Humphrey, CytomX on vocals
– Brad Reinfeld, MD/PhD Student, Vanderbilt University on bass guitar
– Dr Dirk Spitzer, Siteman Cancer Center on drums
– Dr John Timmerman, UCLA Medical Center on guitar