Setting new standards in information exchange for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
Blockchain Opportunities for Patient Data Donation and Clinical Research
August 17, 2018
Patients are at the center of research and their data is the foundation for clinical innovation. However, significant barriers exist that inhibit the secure and efficient sharing of patient data. In this podcast, Craig Lipset, Head of Clinical Innovation, Pfizer, Munther Baara, Head of New Clinical Paradigm, Pfizer and Aditya Kudumala, Principal, Deloitte discuss blockchain as a catalyst to significantly change how we can access and use data to improve patient lives. Where is the patient data storm going?
Discussion points include, but not limited to:
- Who owns my data and where it’s going?
- What are the interoperability challenges and progress?
- How can data be shared?
- How you can pull in your own health data?
- Where does blockchain fit in and how can it secure patient data?
- How blockchain gives us authentication without identification?
- Next steps?
For more information on this topic and to get access to the Blockchain Opportunities for Patient Data Donation & Cinical Research, click here.
Craig will be leading an entire section on the democratization of patient data at DPharm on September 25-26 in Boston.