Setting new standards in information exchange for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
The ‘What Ifs’ of nanoparticles & nanomedicines with Dr. Omid Farokhzad
July 11, 2013
Featured PODD nanomedicine panelist & leading researcher, Dr. Omid Farokhzad, Associate professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard University speaks with Simon Constable, Wall Street Journal Columnist on Digits. He explains the what ifs of nanoparticles and nanomedicines such as:
Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- What if you could swallow a pill that conducts surgery?
- What can the world’s tiniest robots do to DNA and cells?
At Partnerships in Drug Delivery, October 10th – 11th, 2013, Boston, MA, Dr. Farokhzad will moderate the panel addressing if Pharma should be investing in this area. Discussion points include:
- Is nanomedicine now better positioned to make an impact on patients’ lives?
- How to assess the commercial aspects of nanoparticle development
- How is nanomedicine expected to potentially transform medicine?
- What is the role of nanomedicine in the era of genomics?
- Barriers and challenges – safety/nanotoxicology, manufacturing issues
- What are the unique aspects of the nanomedicine business model?