This ABCs Bootcamp workshop is designed for professionals either new to the Medicaid Rebate space or for those looking for a refresher course on the basics. After attending the workshop, delegates will feel more comfortable and understand what the requirements are to participate in the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program. At the conclusion of this workshop, attendees will understand how Medicaid Drug Rebates affect and are driven by a manufacturer’s commercial business and what to keep in mind. Attendees will understand what it means to participate in the MDRP as a manufacturer.
8:30 am – Registration, Tea/Coffee
9:00 am – Workshop Begins
10:30 am – 15-Minute Break
12:00 – 1:30 pm – Lunch Break – Free time for attendees. A list of local restaurants and places to eat will be provided.
3:00 pm – 15-Minute Break
4:30 pm – Workshop Concludes
- An introduction to the MDRP program
- Understanding the language/acronyms
- The agencies and calculations involved
- The building blocks on how to work in the government space, reporting, processes, and gray areas
- Dealing with your product lines to include new products and discontinued products
- Class of trade/How to assign classes and how to reclassify customers
- Who your customers?
- Data and calculations
- Where is your data coming from and what needs to be used
- The challenges and opportunities
- Understanding SPAP and what are the considerations?
- The impact on payment and claims processing
- Opportunities for analysis
- Mergers and Acquisitions, what kinds of things should you be thinking about