Supporting & Educational Partners
This was the first, full-day IO clinical trial operations meeting in the US. It was led by the most experienced clinical operation professionals executing arguably the most difficult and important trials in the history of oncology.
Listen: 4 Minutes on What to Expect
The morning portion of the program was dedicated to new trends and collaborations in IO, followed by updates from the Biden Cancer initiative and the state of IO in Asia. Attendees had access to quick-fire technology presentations and partnering meetings prior to lunch.
The afternoon covered the building blocks of IO trials, led by Andy Lee, SVP, Head of Global Clinical Trial Operations at Merck, including:
- Patient Perspective with medical hero, Stephanie Joho
- Site Management Nuts and Bolts with Claire Asogwa, Oncology Research Specialist, Merck
- 3rd Party Component: Operational Aspects of PDL1 Stratification and Biomarkers, with Lisa Curtis, Relationship Manager, Merck and Jeff Hodge VP, Development Solutions, Oncology Center of Excellence, IQVIA
- Clinical Supply Chain/Cold Chain with Carol Haddad, Director, Global Clinical Supply Planning, Merck
- PI Perspective, TBA
- Data Management: Principles with Chris Lamplugh, Senior Director, Clinical Data Management, Global Data Operations, Merck and Patti Arsenault, Executive Director, Global Head, Clinical Data Management, Cytel
- Project Management: An Executive Perspective on what it Takes to Scale Up Resources with Kamran Ansari, AVP, Head of Oncology Clinical Sciences & Study Management, Global Clinical Trial Operations, Merck
- The Operational Challenges of Combinations with Jacqueline Karmel, Principal Director, Scientific Collaborations, Roche
- Operational Independent Reviews for IO Clinical Endpoints with Oliver Bohnsack, MD, PhD, MBA, Senior Director, Scientific and Medical Services, Head of Medical Relations Europe, Head of Oncology, PAREXEL
Additionally, attendees were welcomed to join talks on Operational Aspects for Immunotherapy Imaging led by Andrea Perrone, MD, Associate VP, Clinical Imaging Translational Medicine, Merck, including:
- Inspection Readiness for Imaging Data with Todd Kisner, VP, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, BioClinica
- Scientific and Medical Support For Managing Oncology Trials with Cynthia Goldberg, MD, Director, Scientific and Medical Services, PAREXEL
- Outstanding Project Management with Neil Stoddart, Director, Clinical Operations, ICON plc
- Large Pharma Imaging Panel Discussion moderated by Andrea Perrone, MD, with panelists Gregory Goldmacher, MD, PhD, MBA, Senior Director, Translational Biomarkers, Merck and David Leung, MD, PhD, Medical Director, Oncology Imaging, Exploratory Clinical & Translational Research, Bristol-Myers Squibb
The day concluded with a networking cocktail reception.
IO Clinical Trials is part of the IO360˚ conference and is a great one day program for clinical trial operation professionals. If you already registered for IO360˚, this program was included. If you would like more information on IO360˚, please click here.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you.