2018 Launch Sponsor
2018 Associate Sponsors
2018 Technology Sponsors
2018 Supporting Partners
2018 Media Partners
This inaugural Drug Delivery West conference presented on the design needs of drug delivery systems from the perspectives of pharma, physicians, patients, investors, as well as KOLs in precision medicine and digital technologies.
2018 Featured Speakers
There was an emphasis on how to reduce risk and advance drug delivery technologies for current and future needs. More specifically, we covered the following:
- Where is the sector going?
- What are the key principles to reduce failures?
- What are the unknown, unknowns?
- How do we design for success and what are the guiding principles?
The conference dedicated the afternoon of day one for a wide variety of drug delivery presentations. Partnering meetings and networking were available throughout the meeting.
To summarize what the meeting included:
- Engaging discussions focused on addressing trends and current unmet needs in drug delivery, relative to both formulation and device development and design
- Opinions and insight from physicians, patients, scientists, investors and industry leaders involved with the development of next generation delivery systems
- Key principles of drug delivery design for unmet needs and lessons learned from past designs
- Networking opportunities with key decision makers in drug delivery, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries
- Full afternoon of drug delivery technology presentations
- Exhibit area showcasing drug delivery innovators and service providers
Our next drug delivery conference is the 8th annual PODD, October 17-18 in Boston and it’s dedicated to business development, scientific advances and partnering. For more information, click here. If you are interested in submitting an idea to either PODD or DDW 2019, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you.
"Thank you and your team for organizing an incredible conference! It was informative, interactive and inspirational. That was a fabulous first year launch for DDW and in record time. Every speaker was fascinating in one way or more. Everything was exquisitely done. I would love to continue to be involved."
- Ann Daugherty, PhD, Genentech
"Really enjoyed it. Happy to do this again next year. Fantastic collaborations."
- Krishnan Chakravarthy, MD, PhD, UCSD
"The program was informative and a lot of fun."
- Garrett Vygantas, MD, OSF Healthcare Ventures
"The conference was a huge success. Thank you for inviting me to speak on such an interesting topic."
- Uri Baruch, Cambridge Design Partnership
"The meeting was quite good and I enjoyed being part of it. Thank you for the invitation and kudos for having it go so well."
- Bruce Kovacs, MD, Afecta Pharmaceuticals
""I had a wonderful time at the conference! I loved learning about the drug delivery process and figuring out how my experiences as a patient fit into that process. I hope I will be able to use my new knowledge to help improve the process."
- Cynthia Goldstein, Patient
"[What I liked best about the conference] was the diversity of speakers and their expertise. All sessions were well executed. Job well done."
- Jelannes Johansson, Artery Therapeutics Inc
"Very organized and multi-disciplinary. People from all fields - patients, pharma, VC, service providers, medical devices, etc."
- Andrei Yosef, Sorrel Medical
"Fantastic program. Pace was perfect, venue was great. Fantastic opportunity to network."
- Catherine Lucas, Consultant
"Conference was well done. Patient panel was a great addition."
- Andrew Ratz, Eli Lilly & Co