DPharm Pre-Conference Workshop
Limited Seating Available. Attendance Optional.
Trial Innovation Co-Design Workshop: Help Create Solutions to Assist Clinical Research Participants
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 | 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
In this optional pre-conference hands-on workshop, you get to be an innovator! Using co-design and human-centered approaches, you will work with a small team to brainstorm and design an innovation to assist participants in Clinical Trials. For the purpose of this co-design workshop, you might think a smart pill bottle could help patients remember to take their trial medication, or maybe a smart refrigerator could help trial staff manage their supply of study drug. In this interactive workshop, we will guide you through a collaborative design process that helps you create practical solutions using Ambient Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Smart Devices.
Lead Investigator, Lilly Clinical Open Innovation Team, Eli Lilly & Company
Barry leads a group of designers and techies in Lilly’s Clinical Development Innovation Lab, where they do imagineering for patient-centric research. He is the Lead Investigator for the Lilly Clinical Open Innovation Team. Barry has spent his career leveraging information to transform the way people do work. He is a technologist, an architect, a seeker, a problem solver – and has a passion-fueled vision that drives a unique ability to make big ideas come to life. Prior to Lilly, Barry worked for many years at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Savannah River Site. This is a 300 square-mile facility with multiple nuclear reactors and chemical processing facilities. Barry was responsible for digitizing a half a million paper engineering drawings (blueprints, essentially) and make them smarter. Barry is a graduate of Purdue University where he studied computer technology.
- Open to registered DPharm attendees, with an additional fee of $395.00.
- The workshop is limited to 50 people.
- To register for this workshop, you must register for the DPharm conference.
- The option to join this workshop and/or the Mobile in Clinical Trials conference will appear on the registration page.
- If you are already registered for DPharm and want to add this option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will gladly help you.