|Jeff Kasher, PhD
VP & COO
VP, Clinical Trial Innovation & External Alliances
|Craig H. Lipset
Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D
|John Orloff, MD
SVP, Global Development & CMO
Novartis Pharma AG
“Disruptive innovations transform complicated, expensive products into simpler and more affordable ones.” - HBS Professor Clayton Christensen
About the Conference
The Conference Forum’s Dpharm: Disruptive Innovations to Advance Clinical Trials event is now in its 4th year and is the only program truly dedicated to the development of a program that demonstrates disruption in clinical trials. The conference brings together an exceptional audience of out-of-the-box thinkers determined to make clinical trials more affordable, efficient with higher quality data and a far better experience for patients.
It is an outcomes-focused program that not only delves deeply into the key strategic factors impeding clinical trial productivity, but also endeavors to connect change makers who can share current solutions, propose new solutions and commit to testing them and share the results. This conference is designed to be engaging in a highly informative format, similar to the style of TED events. Each session will deliver a clear set of objectives, summary and key take-aways.
Focus & Objectives
- This is a TED-style event showcasing innovations and leading practitioners in Pharma R&D with a focus on clinical research as well as innovative leaders from other industries.
- We strive to underscore the promise and challenge of innovation in advancing drug development.
- We strive to innovate a new model and find collaborations to get therapeutics to patients faster.
- We address how can we better apply the full spectrum of clinical research options and utilize insights more appropriately.
- We are dedicated to designing creative solutions and finding a way to implement them.
- We explore to whom are companies being disruptive to and gain a better understanding of the impact on clinical trials.
Each year, dozens of conferences and meetings are held to discuss specific challenges within clinical trials. Many events are tactical in nature, focusing independently on topics ranging from financing approaches, protocol design, partnering models between sponsors and clinical trial sites, technology trade shows, etc. By focusing on narrow aspects of clinical trials, past conferences have not effectively taken the necessary high-level, systemic view needed to identify innovations that can leapfrog inefficiencies in clinical trials. We invite you to explore the 2013 agenda, visit our newsletter and let us know if you have any questions or ideas to share. Contact us at email@example.com
Registration is open for the 2014 event at early discounted rates.
"My colleague and I were last minute attendees at Dpharm, and we are so glad that we went. We felt at home among kindred spirits trying to accomplish something new, challenging, different, and disruptive."
- Brendan Kelleher, Karmadata
"Excellent! Real Disruption! Refreshing!"
- Thomas Krohn, Eli Lilly
"Kudos to the Conference Forum, Craig, John and Andreas for a truly fresh perspective on our industry. It has been very energizing and without tired topics. The format and content are top-notch and sophisticated. Well worth taking the time to attend."
- Deirdre BeVard, Endo Pharmaceuticals
"This conference was a very good mix of inspirational and specific nitty – gritty. WOW!"
- Veronica Ludensky, Takeda / Millenium
"Thank you! Excellent. The best conference I have attended in the last few years!"
- Maria Makarovskaya, Cubist Pharmaceuticals
"This was the first conference I attended in a very long time where I left feeling hopeful."
- Tomasz Sablinksi, MD, PhD, Celtic Therapeutics
"Information was new and fresh and the participants were all very eager to hear about innovations that could drive improvements in clinical trials - very interactive group within the meeting and the breaks. Great job organizing."
- Kathy Forde , Spaulding Clinical
"Extremely relevant, helpful and engaging."
- Tom Kaminski, Duke Clinical Research
"Wonderful insight into issues of innovation, well presented, excellent passionate talks."
- Michael Montgomery, Janssen Biotech
"Good presentations and presentation styles."
- Steven Najda, Roche
"Speakers were excellent at connecting with the audience."
- Robert Wright, Life Science Leader
"Excellent Introduction, Thanks to all speakers and conference organizers."
- David Smithwick, Duke Clinical Research
"Good topics and speakers. Thinking outside the box. My first DPharm conference, very impressive."
- Stephen Goodman, Pryor Cashman
"Relaxed agenda pace, I really enjoyed listening to the patient’s perspective. The talk from MJ Fox Foundation and Patients Like Me were very good."
- George Vratsanov, Roche
"A conference with vision, greatly appreciate view and synthesis."
- Greg Simon, Pfizer