|Craig H. Lipset
Head of Clinical Innovation, Research & Development
|John Orloff, MD
Senior Vice President, Global Development & Chief Medical Officer
Novartis Pharma AG
|Andreas Koester, MD, PhD
Vice President, Clinical Trial Innovation & External Alliances
Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
About the Conference
Each year, dozens of conferences and meetings are held to discuss specific challenges within clinical trials. Many events are tactical in nature, focusing independently on topics ranging from financing approaches, protocol design, partnering models between sponsors and clinical trial sites, technology trade shows, etc. By focusing on narrow aspects of clinical trials, past conferences have not effectively taken the necessary high-level, systemic view needed to identify innovations that can leapfrog inefficiencies in clinical trials.
The Conference Forum is presenting the 3rd Annual Disruptive Innovations to Advance Clinical Trials event. This conference is designed for drug development innovative thinkers who are determined to re-invent clinical trials. It is an outcomes-focused program that not only delves deeply into the key strategic factors impeding clinical trial productivity, but also endeavors to connect change makers who can share current solutions, propose new solutions and commit to testing them and share the results. This conference is designed to be engaging in a highly informative format, similar to the style of TED events. Each session will deliver a clear set of objectives, summary and key take-aways.
Focus & Objectives
- This is a TED-style event showcasing innovations and leading practioners in Pharma R&D with a focus on clinical research as well as innovative leaders from other industries.
- We strive to underscore the promise and challenge of innovation in advancing drug development.
- We strive to innovate a new model and find collaborations to get therapeutics to patients faster.
- We address how can we better apply the full spectrum of clinical research options and utilize insights more appropriately.
- We are dedicated to designing creative solutions and finding a way to implement them.
"This was the first conference I attended in a very long time where I left feeling hopeful."
- Tomasz Sablinksi, MD, PhD, Celtic Therapeutics
"Information was new and fresh and the participants were all very eager to hear about innovations that could drive improvements in clinical trials - very interactive group within the meeting and the breaks. Great job organizing."
- Kathy Forde , Spaulding Clinical
"Extremely relevant, helpful and engaging."
- Tom Kaminski, Duke Clinical Research
"Wonderful insight into issues of innovation, well presented, excellent passionate talks."
- Michael Montgomery, Janssen Biotech
"Good presentations and presentation styles."
- Steven Najda, Roche
"Speakers were excellent at connecting with the audience."
- Robert Wright, Life Science Leader
"Excellent Introduction, Thanks to all speakers and conference organizers."
- David Smithwick, Duke Clinical Research
"Great Conference with fantastic topics and sharing of information."
- Deirdre BeVard, Endo Pharmaceuticals
"Good topics and speakers. Thinking outside the box. My first DPharm conference, very impressive."
- Stephen Goodman, Pryor Cashman
"Relaxed agenda pace, I really enjoyed listening to the patient’s perspective. The talk from MJ Fox Foundation and Patients Like Me were very good."
- George Vratsanov, Roche
"A conference with vision, greatly appreciate view and synthesis."
- Greg Simon, Pfizer