The Conference Forum’s 3rd Annual Chief Medical Officer Summit for Emerging Life Science Companies is delighted to present a truly distinctive and interactive event for CMOs. We are grateful to Dr. Elizabeth Stoner, Managing Director, MPM Capital, for suggesting the idea and to our CMO advisers for their insights on content and agenda development.
We are Dedicated to Accomplishing Two Goals
- To bring together CMO executives to address the unique challenges associated with directing and managing all R&D functions with limited resources, while raising capital, working and meeting with investors and strategizing for appropriate exits.
- To create a network of CMOs from small to mid-size life science companies to share ideas, solutions and support.
The Role of a CMO in Emerging Life Science Companies
The role of a Chief Medical Officer is one that means many things to many people, and indeed is radically different depending on the type of organization in which a CMO works. For CMOs in early, emerging and even mid-size life science companies, the role can be an isolated one, but with all the responsibility for driving the clinical development and CRO management while meeting the needs of investors and positioning for an appropriate exit. Chief Medical Officers are playing an increasingly larger role in raising funding for their life science companies.
Who Should Attend
The conference is designed specifically for CMOs, but certainly Heads of R&D, Clinical Operations/Development/Outsourcing, and Vice Presidents of Medical Affairs would also greatly benefit from attending the program. Clinical service providers and investors are encouraged to attend as conversations with CMOs are very much welcomed.
"I think that CMOs can and should play a bigger and more overt role in running companies. As such it is important to me that they feel empowered and trained to do so."
- Lauren Silverman, PhD, Managing Director, Novartis Venture Funds
"I found the meeting extremely useful since it was designed exclusively to addressing CMO interests. The opportunity to network with my peers at this event was invaluable since, barring this meeting, interactions I have with my peers tend to be at scientific meetings where the focus is the scientific meeting and not the CMO peer interactions."
- Santosh Vetticaden, PhD, MD, CMO, SVP, Mast Therapeutics, Inc.
"It is a pleasure to have attended an historic meeting [of] the outstanding inaugural Chief Medical Officer Summit."
- Dominic J.F. Tong, MD,
"It was a wonderful experience for me and I appreciate the opportunity."
- Greg Fiore, MD, CMO, The Medicines Company
"I thought this was one of the more valuable conferences I've attended for some time."
- Jeffrey Moore, DPhil, MBA, VP, MP Healthcare Venture Management, Inc.
"I think the conference addresses an identified an under-served niche. Nice job on the conference."
- Carl Berke, PhD, Partner, Partners Innovation Fund, Partners Healthcare and Founding Director, Mass Medical Angels
"These are great meetings and I applaud you for having the foresight to organize them."
- Jodi Black, PhD, Deputy Director, Division of Extramural Research Activities, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH
"You and the Conference Forum team did a great job with this meeting. We appreciated the opportunity to work with you."
- Paul Edgerton, Managing Partner, Gold Partners
"The day was great fun. The conference had a nice crowd and they were very engaged."
- M. Scott Harris, MD, CMO, Avaxia Biologics, Inc., Principal, Middleburg Consultants and Clinical Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
"I was happy to participate and enjoyed the discussion with other panel members and interaction from the audience."
- Chris Kiritsy, MBA, President & CEO, Arisaph
"The discussion at the CMO conference indicated everyone had a great time and felt that next year's event would be even bigger and better. Please extend my thanks to the entire team for putting together such a great meeting. Your team executes flawlessly each and every time. I overheard many CMO's convey this meeting was a great forum for CMO's to share ideas, challenges, frustrations, etc. in an honest, open forum (and one CMO said it was much better than a psychiatrist evaluation!)."
- Nancy Wetherbee, MBA, Director, Office of Research Business Development in Industry Translation, Tufts Medical Center
"It was a great meeting. Hopefully the start of something big."
- Steven Zelenkofske, DO, FACC, FACOI, FCCP, Senior Vice President, Clinical and Medical Affairs & CMO, Regado Biosciences